09 September 2009

Letting Go--Family, Friends, and Enemies

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." (Matthew 5:44,45)

I had done a total 360 on my life and what I value the most about life. There were times where I would feel that nobody loved me and maybe I shouldn't been on this Earth. Now, I love my life. I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be as such. I recently had an argument with an ex-associate (I cannot say the word "friend" on this occasion.) This individual, who shall remain nameless for the sake of their identity, thought that everyone was beneath them and they were a special creation that God gave to the earth. To this day, they still act this way. I had to let this person know that God created everyone to have a purpose on Earth. We all live to learn that God is the way, the truth, and the light and no man is better than God.

Not only did this person think that they knew so much, they had their friends that were friends with me disassociate themselves from me as well. If someone tell you to jump off a bridge, knowing that if you jump, you have a 50/50 chance of living or dying, and you jump anyways, YOU ARE VERY WEAK MINDED! Basically, this person controlled his friends and those who he belittled or riddiculed because of their situations in life, he made fun of. I prayed that this person either change or God will deal with him in his own ways. That situation is no longer my concern. My concern is the well-being of myself, and my immediate family.

Let's talk about family though. Sometimes, you can have the best family members that love and appreciate you for who you are, but we do have those who wants to put us down because how we want to live our life and that they think they are better than others. Well for those family members that I had to stop associating myself with, I wish you nothing but the best for your life. I pray that God will always love you no matter what situation that you may be going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment